Outstanding Academic Titles, 2017
Every year Choice magazine publishes a list of Outstanding Academic Titles (OATs) that were reviewed during the previous calendar year. This prestigious list reflects the best in scholarly publishing and brings with it the extraordinary recognition of the academic library community.
In awarding OATs the editors apply several criteria. Among these are overall excellence in presentation and scholarship, distinction as a first treatment of a given subject, and value to undergraduate students.
Some of the winners in the Humanities area available to you at Hekman:
- Poetic Relations: Intimacy and faith in the English Reformation (ebook)
- Revival Type: Digital typefaces inspired by the past (Z250 .S533 2018)
- The Happiness Philosophers: the lives and works of the great utilitarians (New Books area, B1571 .S38 2017)
- Milosz: a biography (New Books, PG7158.M5532 F7313 2017)
- Mere Reading: the poetics of wonder in modern American novels (New Books, PS379 .M496 2017
- Feeling Normal: Sexuality and media criticism in the digital age (New Books, P96.S58 G754 2016)
- Darkness Falls on the Land of Light: Experiencing religious awakenings in eighteenth-century New England (ebook)
- What Do Philosophers Do?: Skepticism and the practice of philosophy (New Books, BD241 .M238 2017)
- Raciolinguistics: How language shapes our ideas about race (P120.R32 R34 2016)
NOTE: the New Book shelves are on 3rd floor just inside the entrance and to your right, against the back wall.