High School Users
Area high school students are welcome to visit and use the library resources on their own or as part of a class visit. Please read about obtaining a Guest User card to check out library materials and guest access to computers and printing. High school students no longer pay a fee to check out books.
- Remember: Most of the library's computers are available only to members of the Calvin community (require logins). There are public access computers on every floor but not enough for an entire class' use.
- While we are happy to provide tours to middle school students, the use of our library for research purposes is most appropriate for high school students.
- Two weeks’ advance notice is requested if a librarian's assistance is required (e.g., an introduction to the research tools available at Hekman Library). If no assistance will be needed, one week's notice is sufficient. We ask that class visits not be scheduled during the three weeks prior to the start of college exams, when the library is heavily used by Calvin students.
- If your students are working on a class assignment, it is helpful if you send a copy of the assignment to us, so we can prepare resources and our presentation accordingly.
- A teacher should accompany students on any class visit. Two teachers are requested for groups larger than 25 students.
- If teachers want to meet with students informally (in small groups or one-on-one), no permission or advance notice is necessary.