BOOK DONATION PROGRAM SUSPENDED
Effective March 1, 2013, the Hekman Library stopped accepting donated books and ceased sending an acknowledgement letter for tax purposes for donated books and other items. If you believe your books represent a unique contribution to the Hekman Library collection, contact David Malone, Dean of the Library, describing the nature of the books.
Listed below are several alternatives to sending them to a landfill:
- Cheap paperbacks and older popular books can be dropped off at any recycle station.
- Baker Book House buys scholarly books (616.957.3110)
- Redux Books (1349 Lake Dr, 742-2665) buys unique or marketable books.
- New2You (2929 29th St, 942-2929) is a thrift store that supports the Grand Rapids Christian Schools.
- Theological Book Network (3529 Patterson Ave, 532-3890) accepts only scholarly books; most needed categories are Biblical studies, theology, church history, missiology, ethics and philosophy.