Outstanding Academic Titles, 2018
Every year Choice magazine publishes a list of Outstanding Academic Titles (OATs) that were reviewed during the previous calendar year. This prestigious list reflects the best in scholarly publishing and brings with it the extraordinary recognition of the academic library community.
In awarding OATs the editors apply several criteria. Among these are overall excellence in presentation and scholarship, distinction as a first treatment of a given subject, and value to undergraduate students.
Some of the winners in the area of religion and theology (and ready for you to check out):
- Christian: the politics of a word in America BR115.P7 B6675 2018
- Holy Humanitarians: American evangelicals and global aid BR525 .C86 2018
- 1517: Martin Luther and the Invention of the Reformation BR326.5 .M36 2017
- Breaking White Supremacy: Martin Luther King Jr. and the black social gospel E185.615 .D655 2018
- The New Testament: a translation BS2095 .H86 2017
- On Faith and Science BL240.3 .L37 2017
- The Cross: History, art, and controversy (ebook)
NOTE: the new bnook shelves for theological books (BL - BX) are on the 4th floor just outside of the Meeter Center. New book shelves for all other books are on 3rd floor just inside the entrance and to your right, against the back wall.