PsycINFO for Behavioral and Social Science Research
PsycINFO, although centered primarily on the subject of psychology, is truly interdisciplinary. Records included may focus on neuroscience, business, nursing, law and education in addtion to psychology.
Most of the content is peer-reviewed, and abstracts (summaries) are included with records from 1967 to the present day. Indexing of records is done by APA experts.
More newsy tidbits about PsycINFO:
- updated weekly
- used in over 60 countries
- indexing of around 2,500 scholarly journals
- earliest records from the 17th and 18th centuries
- "First Posting" ensures access to the earliest publication of a journal article
- Books and book chapters (11% of database) and dissertations (12% of database) in addition to journal articles