College Survival 101
Students, are you feeling the pressure of exams, papers, projects and more? The library is here to help. Check out this selection of recommended books for succeeding at Calvin. These resources cover not just academic issues, but social life and mental health as well. The Center for Student Success and Hekman Library have highlighted these resources as favorites (take a look at our 2nd floor display), but there are plenty more in the collection.
- Dean's List: eleven habits of highly successful college students
- Beyond the Answer Sheet: academic success for international students
- Teach Yourself How to Learn: strategies you can use to ace any course at any level
- The Checklist Manifesto: how to get things right
- Grit: the power of passion and perseverence
Books on this subject can be found scattered all over the collection in education, psychology, and medicine. Subject headings to try: "Success," "Diligence," "Study skills," "Academic achievement," "Student adjustment."