Use Library Ebook Collections
Hekman Library has excellent electronic resources for you to tap into if you are a distance student or not able to leave your residence for whatever reason (quarantine, etc.)
Major ebook collections:
- Ebook Central from ProQuest
- Academic Complete (integrated into the previous collection; over 100,000 titles in this collection)
- JSTOR ebooks
- Springer ebooks
Collections of reference books for getting the background on a subject:
- Sage Knowledge
- Oxford Reference Online
- Oxford Research Encyclopedias
- Gale ebooks (includes non-reference also)
Be aware that
- Not all collections will allow you to download an entire book, but you will be able to download chapters, at least.
- Most of our collections allow for unlimited users at one time, but a few don't. If you have trouble getting in, that may be why.
- You may need special software to read an ebook, such as Adobe Digital Editions. It's quick and easy to install.