May is Mental Health Month
For Mental Health Month we'd like to offer some library resources that will help us all get through May with reasonably good mental and emotional health.
It's a challenging month to begin with, as students and professors finish up the work of the year. On top of that, we have the coronavirus situation.
Check out the following resources and pick one or two from the list to read or review:
- A new guide where you can learn more about common mental health issues and disorders, get tips for searching, and get help from our research librarians as well as connect with the Center for Counseling and Wellness' resources
- Ebooks from ProQuest Ebook Central (Academic Complete database), like Help Yourself Towards Mental Health and Mental Health Issues and the University Student (you will need to log in to get access to these books)
- Many other ebooks from our various collections on the subject of mental health
- If you are a resident of the city of Grand Rapids, get films streamed to your device of choice through Kanopy (instructions can be found by clicking on the link)
- Don't hesitate to get in touch with one of our librarians if you need research help or any kind of help related to library services and collections during this time
Look over the Center for Counseling and Wellness' website for more suggestions and if you want to reach out to a staff person there.