Accessing Hekman Library, Summer 2021
Hekman Library is now open to the public! It's been more than a year that we've been open only to the Calvin community, and we're so happy to now extend our services to all users once again.
Some things to be aware of as you use the library:
- all floors are open (2nd through 5th); however, with upgrades to the air handling system hapenning this summer, there may be whole floors or sections that are temporarily closed.
- masks are required for unvaccinated individuals but not for those who are fully vaccinated. Social distancing and capacity requirements are still in effect.
- Disinfecting supplies are available on the 2nd floor for those who want to clean their work areas.
- Librarians will offer online assistance Mon-Fri, 12-4 pm. You may reach them using the live chat service on the library homepage.
- The Meeter Center on the 4th floor is available for walk-ins, although we suggest you alert the staff if you're coming in.
- In-person research appointments to access Heritage Hall's archival and rare resources should be scheduled by phone or e-mail with staff (you may contact them directly). Also note that masks will be required in in the Heritage Hall space.
For details, visit https://library.calvin.edu/reopening
Peet's Coffee is closed for the summer.